The Peoples Climate Marches were held during November 2015 across the world just before the Paris Climate Change Conference 2015 COP21 started.
There were 2300+ events in 175+ countries involving 785,000+ people.
More than 150,000 Australians sent an unambiguous message to politicians and to Paris: do a lot more on climate change, and do it urgently.
- Melbourne, Australia, over 60,000 attended the march on 27 November 2015.
- Sydney, 45,000
- Brisbane, 10,000
- Perth 8,000
- Adelaide and Canberra (both 6,000)
- And scores of great regional events.
Peoples Climate March Melbourne 2015
The Peoples Climate March in Paris was banned due to recent terrorist attacks. So people left their shoes instead.
Other Peoples Climate Marches across the world
- Ho Chi Minh city
- Hong Kong
- Los angeles
- Mexico City
- New Delhi
- New York
- St. Gallen
- São Paulo
- Washington d.c.
- People’s Climate March
- People’s climate march by ACF
- Thousands gather at Melbourne CBD rally ahead of Paris climate summit, The Age
- Climate change rally: Tens of thousands gather in Melbourne ahead of UN talks, ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Victorians take to the streets to demand urgent action on climate change, The Guardian
- Global climate march 2015: hundreds of thousands march around the world – live, The Guardian