The Peoples Climate March, held on 21 September 2014 across the world, was attended by over 700,000 people world wide in 166 countries.
- In New York, over 400,000 people marched past Central Park including Ban Ki Moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- In Australia, 58,000 people participated in over 130 events. 30,000 people attended in Melbourne. Senator Christine Milne called for Australia to acheive zero net carbon emissions by 2050.
- Melbourne rally for climate change action attracts 30,000 people, The Age
- People’s Climate March: Hundreds of thousands march in rallies calling for action on climate change, ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- C02 emissions from burning fossil fuels surge to highest level in human history, The Age