The Knox civic centre has been retrofitted with a solar array generating 5.25kW. With abundant roof space, there are plans to double the size of the array next year.
|Owners||Knox City Council|
|Location||511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, Melbourne|
|Type||Sustainable renovation (solar array)|
|Phone||03 9298 8000|
Summary of building features
- 30 solar panels, 175w each, monocrystalline Solarfun (made in china)
- Grid interactive system – total power is 5.25kW
- SMA (Germany) Minicentral inverter supports up to 6.3kW (240V to 600V)
- 6 more panels are to be added to this array
The Knox City Council has installed this solar array as part of their Greenleaf project which seeks to establish an ongoing partnership through which individuals, businesses, schools and Council can work collectively to reduce our combined impacts upon the environment. The project seeks to engage the different segments of the community by providing simple, practical and affordable solutions to sustainability issues in a way that suits individuals.
The Greenleaf project will focus on five key environmental themes:
- Biodiversity and Sustainable Gardening
- Waste Minimisation and Green Purchasing
- Green Cleaning
A similar size solar array is also scheduled for installation on the Knox Leisure Centre.