Solar Neighbourhoods Campaign
From Greenlivingpedia, a wiki on green living, building and energy
The Solar Neighbourhoods Campaign is a program offered by Beyond Building Energy for installing a grid interactive solar system onto homes. This enables homeowners to capture free and clean energy from the sun to reduce power bills. Every bit of power your system returns cuts your energy bill.
- Subscribers pay $895 (per home)
- A Beyond Building Energy BB Energy Saver 1000 solar pack consisting of solar panels and a grid interactive inverter is supplied.
- 1000 watts of solar panels will be fixed to your roof and a grid tie inverter installed by our BCSE accredited Installers.
- Your energy supplier will then connect your system to the electricity grid.
 How is this possible?
- In May 2007 the Federal Government announced new rebates for homeowners to encourage the use of renewable energy. The BB Energy Saver 1000 Offer qualifies for the maximum Government rebate available – which is $8,000.
- With the rebate and RECs, $895 is all you pay.
- The rebate is planned to last 5 years but numbers are limited. When the rebate ends, Beyond Building Energy’s offer of $895 must also end. So it’s first come - first served!
Please note that the Solar Neighbourhoods offer has now reached full capacity. We have been overwhelmed by demand! We are now taking on applicants from existing neighbourhoods or new sponsored neighbourhoods.
Sponsored Solar Neighbourhoods bring together a sponsor’s access to credit with our access to quality renewable energy products at a heavily discounted price. The program works the same way as the neighbourhoods we fund, except that a sponsor purchases the systems up front, and is repaid out of the rebates. Sponsors we work with include large employers, councils, demand reduction programs aimed at electricity utilities, companies looking to offset their emissions and philanthropists. Sometimes the customers are the sponsor’s staff, or the neighbourhood of their facilities. Sponsors typically provide storage and a coordinator as well as the finances.